Airpods are a great way to listen to music, make calls, and use FaceTime. Their best feature is how seamlessly they switch between devices when you sit down at your desk, for example, from an iPhone to a Mac. However, some AirPods seem to not be as loud as they are supposed to be. Hence, if you’re wondering why do my airdpods sound lower and how to make airpods loud again, read this article.
Factors That Cause Why Do My AirPods Sound Lower
Knowing why airpods don’t sound loud enough is important before you decide to turn them up. These reasons may explain why your AirPods don’t sound as loud as you expect.
The Airpods you have are dirty
If you frequently put things in your ears, such as earbuds, it is inevitable that earwax will accumulate. AirPods’ maximum volume is noticeably reduced by wax. Make sure your airpods are clean at all times. Don’t get the mesh speakers wet – never use anything wet or damp. Toothpicks can damage the mesh in the speaker, so keep them out.
AirPods and iPhones need calibration
There is a possibility that your AirPods and iPhone are out of sync — AirPods may not be using the full range of audio due to the two devices not understanding what “full volume” means. There is actually a simple way to fix that, although it may sound complicated.
Device volume settings
Your connected device’s volume settings may have been adjusted inadvertently, leading to low AirPods volume. The AirPods can appear to have a reduced volume when users accidentally lower the volume through device controls. The volume on your device must be set appropriately. Swiping down on the Control Center and adjusting the volume slider will increase or decrease the volume on iOS devices.
The battery level
In order to conserve power, your AirPods may reduce the volume when the battery is low. In order to extend the battery life, this feature has been implemented. Charge your AirPods completely to fix the issue, and your music volume should improve significantly.
Weak Bluetooth connection or Bluetooth interference
The quality and volume of your AirPods can be affected by Bluetooth connectivity issues. Bluetooth signals can be weakened when other electronic devices interfere with them, walls interfere with them, or the device is located far away from one another. Make sure your AirPods are properly connected, as well as minimize interference with your device.
Tips On How To Make Your Airpods Sound Loud Again
1. Using Siri or the Volume Slider to change the volume on AirPods
It’s easy to change the volume on your phone by reaching out for the volume rocker. Pull down your phone’s control center and you can adjust the volume there as well.
By using Siri, you can adjust the volume of your AirPods. The volume can be changed just by saying “Hey Siri, turn it up/down.” Your iPhone or iPad must be set up to accept voice commands for this method to work. The steps are as follows:
- Open your iPhone’s Settings app
- You can search Siri by navigating to Siri
- Turn on “Hey Siri” listening.
- It’s optional but highly recommended to disable Allow Siri When Locked for true hands-free operation.
In addition to volume up/down commands, Siri can respond to more complex, specific requests, for example, reducing the volume by a specific percentage.
2. Keep your AirPods clean
AirPods can get pretty grubby sometimes, and we know you know that. Using a damp, soft, lint-free cloth will be the first thing you should do. Avoid getting your AirPods wet by only using a little damp cloth. Apply the same cleaning method to the case and the charging port. It is possible to rinse your AirPods Pro’s silicone ear tips under cold water if you have AirPods Pro. Reattach them after drying them.
3. Equalizer settings should be reset
It is possible to fine-tune the frequency response of sound by using equalizers, or EQs. In this way, we ensure the most realistic and accurate listening experience possible for both headphones and speakers.
The EQ settings on an iPhone can be adjusted by going to Settings > Music > tapping EQ and choosing off. The sound could also be made louder or the audio quality reset entirely using a different profile before switching back to “off.” The AirPods Pro and AirPods Max can be used for this purpose.
4. Updating your AirPods is essential
It may be a software issue if you didn’t update your iOS device and AirPods when new updates were released. You should update both of them to the latest iOS version if you can! To check if an update is available for either of these devices, go to Settings > General > Software Update on your iPhone.
5. Calibration of iPhones and Airpods
In case the volume remains low after cleaning your AirPods, you can calibrate them with your iPhone. There are a few things you need to know about factory resets before you begin:
- Open the charging case containing the AirPods.
- In your iPhone’s settings, turn on Bluetooth while keeping the earbuds in their case.
- AirPods should have an “i” icon next to them.
- The device will be erased if you select “Forget This Device” and click “Confirm”.
- After disconnecting the AirPods from the phone, you can now reset them.
- After opening the charging case lid, hold the setup button for 15 seconds (or until the LED flashes amber).
- Once this has been completed, you can re-sync your AirPods with your devices.
6. Your AirPods need to be recharged and reset
You may have a problem with the Bluetooth connection if the volume of your AirPods is too low when connected to one device but not another. Here are the steps to resetting them in such a case:
- You can turn on Bluetooth by selecting System Settings from the Apple menu when you have your AirPods in their case
- AirPods can be removed by right-clicking or controlling-clicking them, then choosing Remove, then confirming the action.
- As soon as the setup button starts flashing on the AirPods case, open the lid.
- When you see AirPods in the Bluetooth section of System Settings, select them.
So, this article answered these questions, why do my airpods sound lower and how to make your airpods loud? Although AirPods are small, their sound quality is excellent. Several factors, however, can contribute to their quiet appearance. In analyzing the available options, it becomes clear that volume issues can be successfully resolved by adjusting the volume buttons of both the AirPods and the connected device, unplugging and replugging the headphones, and upgrading both. Help is always available from Apple Support if you need help with your.